Fringe boots are very cute and girly. Often, they’re associated with the cowboy / cowgirl look but they can also be used with other looks and styles depending on what you wear them with. Fringe boots, just like any other pair of boots, are the ideal choice for footwear when the colder seasons like fall and winter start to set in. They not only make your whole outfit stylish but they also help keep your legs warm despite the freezing cold weather. If you’re ever wondering how you can create a cute fringe boots outfit, read on because we’ve got you covered with useful styling tips that you can use.
- Less is more – fringes on clothing items and accessories can be cute but with these kinds of adornments on things that you wear, there is such a thing called ‘too much of a good thing’. When choosing a pair of fringe boots, try not to go overboard by settling for a pair of boots all covered in fringe. This may look cute if you’re trying to look like a 10 year old but if you want a chic look, minimal fringe details should be enough.
- Do not wear any more fringed items – in line with the ‘less is more’ rule with fringes, when wearing fringe boots, try your best to not wear any more items with fringes. This is unless, of course, you’re channeling a cowgirl style kind of look then that makes it okay for you to wear fringe boots AND a fringe jacket.
- Get neutral colored fringe boots – if you are going to wear fringe boots with your outfit, do choose a pair in a neutral color. This will look a lot more posh compared to fringe boots in bright colors like yellow or neon green (wearing those colors on fringe boots would be fashion suicide, anyway). Aside from that, it would be easier to create an outfit if you are to wear neutral colored boots.
- Wear skinny jeans or leggings with it – there’s just no point in wearing fringe boots if you’re planning on hiding the fringes underneath your jeans. Be proud of those cute little fringes hanging on your boots and show them off by wearing bottoms that you could tuck into your boots such as skinny jeans and leggings. The slim silhouette of these bottoms will also balance out the bulk from your fringe boots.
- Wear shorts with it – another great way to show off the beautiful fringe details you have on your boots is to wear shorts with it. Boots and shorts have become quite the trend the past few years and the combination is still making its way on magazines and the runway. The secret to pulling off a successful boots and shorts outfit combo is to wear ankle boots or shooties with shorts and not thigh high or knee high ones as those would be too reminiscent of Julia Roberts from the film Pretty Woman. Keep the heels on your ankle fringe boots low, too, if you want to achieve a casual look.