Sometimes, no matter how well you try to take care of your figure, there will be times when you get tempted to eat more than you should or you usually would and this results to weight gain. Though those few extra pounds could be burnt at the gym while you workout, it’s going to take a while. Good thing there are lots of styling tricks in fashion that can make you look fit instantly. These styling tricks are super easy to follow and they don’t really call for a drastic change in your wardrobe so they’re perfect for anyone. Here are some awesome tips on how to look slimmer instantly.
- Wear monochromatic outfits – wearing one color from head to toe may seem a bit much for some women but if you’re serious about wanting to look slimmer instantly, it helps heaps. Choose a color to wear and find top and bottom pieces in that color to rock from top to bottom. This trick creates an unbroken line that lengthens your body, making you look taller and slimmer at the same time! If you want to get the most out of this trick, choose to wear monochromatic black outfits. These make you look slimmer the most.
- Choose smaller prints – so those humongous flowers look pretty on that top. Well, if you’re trying to look slimmer, it’s best to forget about large prints for a while (at least until you get that body you so want and deserve) and go for smaller ones instead. Smaller prints draw the eye in, creating an illusion of a slimmer body silhouette. Large prints do the opposite so try to stay away from them as much as you can.
- Wear minimizing undergarment – have you ever wondered how celebs and models just look so sexy and svelte on the red carpet? The secret isn’t actually going on a hardcore diet or intense workout sessions days before the event but rather something that only they can see and feel and that is minimizing undergarments! I’m pretty sure you have a few in your closet, be it a Spanx, Spandex, Shapewear or whatever other brand it is. Stop saving those for special occasions and wear them underneath your everyday ordinary outfits for a slimmer figure.
- Choose clothes that graze, not cling – this is very important to remember if you’re shopping for dresses even when you already have the body / the figure that you want. Choose dresses that graze and not those that cling on to your body / your skin. The latter tends to show everything including those flaws (read: muffin tops) that you’ve been trying to hide while the former flatters your figure a bit more.
- Belt your waist – some say wearing a belt with your outfits really doesn’t do much for you when it comes to trying to look slimmer but the truth is that it actually does. If you’re wearing baggy clothes, the last thing you’d want is for the garment to overwhelm your body and make you look bigger so nipping it at your natural waist will help create curves that will make you look slimmer. You can also belt your waist if you just want to add more definition to it and it will instantly make you look a few inches slimmer.