Fall calls for clothes that are not only fashionable but useful in keeping you dry and warm during this wet season. That is the reason why you’ll see cardigans, jackets and coats emerging from everywhere all over again. Every year, it’s always the same staples we need when it comes to clothing so one of the major fashion crises that arise is ‘how do you style a staple and make it look fresh’?
Long cardigans have been around for as long as we can remember. This clothing piece is perfect and versatile but as with other things, they can look dated if you don’t style them up right. To keep your fall wardrobe updated without having to buy a new long cardigan, here are some ways that you can style it and make it look up to date.
- Belted – wearing a cardigan can conceal your body shape, especially if you’re wearing a slightly loose long cardigan. This is something you wouldn’t want to do if you have sexy curves to flaunt. The solution to this is to cinch your cardigan by the waist and put a belt on. Either a thick or a thin belt will do, depending on how emphasized you want your curves to be.
- Layered – this may be more of a winter style more than fall but if you have a long cardigan that’s made of not-so-thick material, layering would be the best way to keep warm and stylish at the same time.
- Long and short – long cardigans that almost reach the floor are very feminine and dramatic and they have great movement to them which is aesthetically pleasing. The best way to style an extra long cardigan is to keep the front open so as not to restrict movement and then pair it with a short skirt, a mini dress or shorts to balance it all out.
- With a pencil skirt or dress – if you want a posh pairing that will work in the office, simply put on a long cardigan over a pencil skirt or dress outfit. It would look best if your cardigan is almost the same length as your skirt or dress.
- An all black ensemble – going black from head to foot can make you look inches taller. Make sure to complement your all black ensemble with a long cardigan with an interesting style, print or color to break the monotony. A pop of color with other accessories won’t do no harm, either.
Great Inspirational looks: