Fedora hats are always thought of to be menswear or at least menswear inspired accessories for women. A lot of women don’t go for fedora hats because they think that these are only for men or women who can pull off a masculine kind of look. However, the history of the fedora hat actually contradicts this. Back in the late 1800s the fedora hat was introduced in a play as an accessory for women but after that it soon became a fashion staple for men. Today, though, fedora hats are worn by both men and women. If you’re looking for ways or tips on how to style fedora hats, here are a few for you:
- Find the perfect fit – as with anything that you wear, finding the perfect fit is important when buying or wearing a fedora hat. Don’t just buy fedora hats for women right off the bat. You have to make sure it fits you well, no matter how cute the design or the style is. The perfect fit for a fedora hat means that it’s loose enough to comfortable accommodate your head down to about half of your forehead but not too loose that it falls or slides off sloppily to either sides of your head. It shouldn’t also be tto tight that it leaves a mark on your forehead after you wear it.
- Use it to dress up a casual outfit – on days when you don’t feel like dressing up but still want to look super stylish, chic and posh, a fedora hat is all you need. Whether you’re wearing a simple shirt and jeans outfit or something even more casual like a tank top and a pair of shorts, adding a fedora hat can instantly make you look well put-together.
- Experiment with angles – we all know fedora hats for women, and men at that, definitely look better when you put them on a different angle but there’s always going to be that one angle that you will look extra cute and gorgeous in. You may not get it right the first time but the key is to always experiment with angles when wearing your fedora hat. Wear it differently each time and see which style and angle you get complimented on the most.
- Add a fedora hat to a dress – dresses are cute, feminine and flirty. Sometimes, though, when we wear one dress too often enough it can look boring. Avoid being that same old Plain Jane wearing the dress everyone knows too well and spice up your look by adding a fedora hat to your dress outfit. Not only does the fedora shake up the whole ensemble, it also adds a fresh and somewhat more masculine feel to your look. Perfect if you’re getting sick of the sweet, flirty image you get every time you wear a dress.
- Make it a fall staple – a fedora hat is perfect for the fall season because it’s not too warm to make your head sweat but is warm enough to keep your head toasty and cozy when the wind starts to blow. Make the fedora hat a staple in your fall closet and you’ll never have to worry about a bad hair day during this season.