Maxi skirts and dresses were one of the most loved and hottest pieces during spring and summer. They’re very light and comfortable and they go well with almost anything you choose to wear with them. Now that winter is just a couple of months away and just right around the corner though, you may have already gotten rid of most of your summer and spring clothes, including your maxi dresses. Well, if you have, it’s time to get digging and get those maxi skirts and dresses back on the racks because we’re showing you how to wear maxi skirts and dresses in winter!
- Creating layers for warmth – the most important thing to consider when revamping your closet for winter is to choose clothes that will keep you warm. However, this doesn’t mean you always have to wear the big, oversize and chunky ones. Creating layers on your clothes provide you with the warmth that you need to get through a cold day without sacrificing style. You can wear a shirt, topped with a sweater then topped with a jacket, coat or vest with your maxi dress or skirt. The layers will add a beautiful look to the simple silhouette of a maxi.
- Cute chunky knits – now, if you do like the special warm, fuzzy, cozy feeling you get from wearing chunky knitter sweaters, you can also wear those with your maxi skirt or on top of a maxi dress. this combination makes for a very cute and casual look.
- Get long-sleeved maxi dresses – if you don’t like adding a lot of layers to your outfit but would still like to wear a maxi dress, you can go for long-sleeved maxi dresses. These are often made from warm and heavy material so you can use them for winter anytime but if you need more warmth, you can accessorize with something stylish and functional like a scarf.
- Wear with boots – maxi dresses and heavy boots go together like peanut butter and jelly. The balance created between the soft movements of a maxi and the toughness and rigidness from heavy boots are just perfect. Not only is this combination stylish, it’s very useful and practical, too, especially if you’re going to walk on slippery roads and snow.
- Soft but edgy – a great way to combine soft and edgy this winter is to wear your maxi skirt or maxi dress with a leather jacket. A leather jacket can provide you great warmth during seasons like this and it also lends you outfit an edgy, rock and roll look.