To a girl, pink is one of the prettiest colors you can ever find in the color palette. Most of us started our love affair with pink at a very young age, perhaps even before we were born, thanks to our moms who went crazy shopping for pink stuff the moment they found out they were having a girl. Pink is the color that is most associated with being feminine. When it comes to beauty, style and fashion, pink is always a best-seller. However, you’ll find that as you mature, the color pink may seem less appropriate for your wardrobe simply because you’re leaving your ‘girl wardrobe’ behind for a more classy and chic ‘woman’s wardrobe’. If you find that rocking an all0pink outfit is just not your thing anymore but would like to keep wearing pink, check out our tips on how to wear pink with sophistication.
- Wear it on your lips – if you want to veer away from the color pink on your clothes for a while and you’re looking for a way to still incorporate the color in your overall look, why not wear pink on your lips? A pink lipstick is a great way to add a splash of color to a bare face and is a good way to sneak your favorite color in, too. What’s great about wearing pink on your lips is that you don’t have to worry about looking like a kid with a Barbie addiction on the loose because, no matter what you say, you can never go wrong with a pink lipstick. Now all you have to do is find the perfect shade.
- Mix solid pinks and pink prints – looking for a way to go all out with a pink outfit without looking like your 6-year-old sister? Create a much more mature and sophisticated outfit by mixing and matching solid pink pieces together with items that feature pretty pink prints. It’s a nice way to stay cute and girly without looking too juvenile, especially for spring.
- Use it to brighten up a neutral outfit – neutral outfits are classy and chic but they can also be boring sometimes. Make sure your look stays exciting, sophisticated and lady-like by wearing a piece of pink clothing to brighten up your neutral outfit. if you want to stay on the classy side, stick with pale shades of pink like old rose, blush or baby pink and the like but if you want to add a playful touch to your outfit, go ahead and bask in the glory of louder and bolder shades of pink like fuchsia or hot pink.
- Up your street style game with pink hair – candy colored hair? Yep, it’s a thing, alright. And while this is not exactly a workplace-friendly way to wear pink, it sure is a fabulous way to take your street style game up a notch. Take your hair for a spin this weekend and go for those washable hair dyes. It’s fun and flirty with a little hint of rebelliousness to it and it’s a great way to soften up an edgy street-style look.
- Wear it with darker colors – if you want a perfectly balanced edgy and feminine look, the easiest way to achieve it is by wearing dark colors like black and navy with pops of pink. You can go monochromatic on your dark colors and use pink as an accent color or you can also wear them together equally.