Stripes are one of the trickiest prints to wear out there and a lot of women try to veer away from it because they’re afraid that the print might make them look bigger and wider. When worn correctly, though, stripes can actually be very flattering for your figure. If you’re still not sure on how to go about rocking this print, check out our article on HOW TO WEAR STRIPES THE RIGHT WAY and see how you can make stripes work to your advantage. We’ve also come up with a list of tips on how to wear stripes for spring so you can look trendy with this print for the season. Check them out below!
- Matching striped separates – one really chic trend we’ve been seeing when it comes to wearing stripes this spring is wearing matching striped separates. A striped crop top and a striped skirt, a striped blazer and striped pants – these are just some of the most popular combinations that we’ve been seeing on models and celebs. Wearing matching striped separates lets you decide on whether to wear horizontal or vertical stripes on both the bottom and top part of your outfit, depending on what your figure calls for.
- Pastel stripes – pastels are another trend that’s going to be big for spring so why not incorporate the trend with your striped outfit and wear pastel stripes? Pastel stripes are perfect if you want to achieve a soft, dainty and girly look with a bit of a preppy vibe. You can wear pastel stripes with just about anything from solid pastels, bright colors and neutral colors.
- Bright stripes – if, on the other hand, pastels are not your thing and you’re the type who likes something more fun, you should definitely try wearing bright stripes. Bright stripes make any outfit look more exciting and lively. Bright rainbow stripes are great if you’re looking for something to make a statement with while a single bright color or two for your striped piece is ideal if you just want to add a pop of color to your look.
- Classic black and white – black and white stripes are classic and timeless. They never go out of style and they’re wearable all year long, regardless of the season. To give the classic black and white striped print more of a springtime feel, you can sport it on pieces that have a flowy silhouette and on pieces that are light and crisp.
- Nautical themed – stripes are always great if you want to go for a nautical themed outfit. Nautical themed stripe outfits often consist of white and navy stripes along with a red accent, just like the colors you would see on a conventional sailor’s uniform. Nautical themed stripe outfits are perfect for spring as well as for summer.
- Chevron – bored of the plain ol’ vertical and horizontal stripes? Try chevron stripes! Chevron is a refreshing take on the conventional stripe print. It looks like zigzagged stripes and it’s one hot trend for spring as well. Chevron stripes are pretty and unique so it’s perfect if you’re looking for a new way to wear stripes.