The college style look, simply put, is anything that you can wear to school. This means nothing too sexy and revealing, something comfortable and anything that makes you look decent and presentable. It doesn’t always have to be a suit or a dress but rather, it can be anything casual to sometimes a little semi-formal that’s also comfortable enough that you can wear it all day long. Here are some of the must haves for fabulous college outfit ideas
- Blazer jacket – a blazer jacket is perhaps one of the easiest ways to dress up a very casual outfit. All you have to do is throw it on over whatever outfit and it instantly lends you a more polished look. A plain blazer jacket is ideal if you want sort of a semi formal look but if you want to keep the casual vibe and if you want to add a quirky twist, you can also go for printed and patterned blazer jackets.
- Button down shirt – in case you want to dress up for school and really look posh and smart, a nice crisp button down shirt should be a staple in your wardrobe. A button down shirt is very versatile; wear it all buttoned up and you’ll instantly look all polished and nice but leave a few ones unbuttoned and it makes for a cute casual laidback look.
- Sweatshirts – what screams ‘college’ more than sweatshirts? You can wear graphic sweatshirts if you’re aiming to create a casual look that you can wear on days when you just want to dress down or you can wear university shirts to show off some school spirit. You can wear sweatshirts with just about anything you like from leggings to pants to skirts and even shorts if your school allows.
- Oxford shoes – give your feet a break from those sky high heels and go for oxford style shoes instead. These are dressier and more feminine alternatives for rubber shoes, trainers or sneakers. Some may come with pointy toes while some have round ones. Regardless, these are still a great way to mix comfort with style.
- Colored leggings – give your outfits a fun new twist every single time by wearing different colored leggings with them. Colored leggings are also a great way to add a pop of color to any plain and ordinary outfit. Of course, you will have to make sure that the top you wear with your leggings is long enough. Leggings are also a nice alternative to jeans because they’re equally stylish, versatile and comfortable.