Today is New Years Eve which means that in just a few more hours, we’re going to be ending this year and going into a new one. Now, I know you’re probably going to be super busy later on preparing goodies for the festivities but while you’re there resting and reading this, let me ask you one question: is your outfit ready? If you’re going to a party or hosting one tonight (doing the countdown and all), I’m sure you’ll want to welcome the new year looking fab. Here are some New Years outfit ideas that you can take inspiration from in case you’re still not decided on what to wear, be it for the New Years countdown or for New Years Day brunch.
- GLAMOUR GAL – if you’re like me and you look forward to parties because they’re the perfect excuse to get all glammed up, this is your last chance for the year to go all out on getting dolled up! Go for something with lots of sparkle and shine like a sequin dress or a glitter top or maybe even a metallic blazer to top off your LBD. If you don’t want to get too mainstream with glitters and sequins, you can always bling it up with statement jewelry.
- SWEET GIRL NEXT DOOR – going for that sweet girl next door look? Well, you can’t just be Plain Jane even if that’s the case, now, right? Get your sweet fix by opting for a tulle skirt and then pair it up with a cute and cozy jumper and a pair of gorgeous heels for the perfect dainty but festive new years outfit.
- FAB FASHIONISTA – you know you’re that one person the others look up to for the latest trends so why disappoint on New Years? Be on top of your style game and conjure up an outfit that’s sure to turn heads. Take your pick from a wide variety of current trends – be it the ‘new’ Kardashian signature look, a jumpsuit ensemble or your winter whites – and add a little bit of bling to it to give it that festive feel any New Years outfit needs.
- COOL AND CASUAL CHICK – even if you’re not the type to get dressed to the nines for big parties, you can still look chic. Wear a pair of jeans, you most stylish sweater / jumper and a smokin’ hot pair of high-heeled boots and you have yourself an easy and laidback outfit to welcome the new year with. Sub the jeans with a maxi skirt or maxi dress if you want a more feminine look.
- SOPHISTICATED STYLISTA – going for a classic and sophisticated look? One can never go wrong with a Little Black Dress, that we know for sure. If you’re feeling a little more festive and bold, though, you can always switch it up with a Little Red Dress or maybe even a Little White Dress with fine and dainty gold accents and accessories.