Monochromatic outfits are one of those kinds of outfits that are sure to never go out of style. However, not many women like the idea of a monochromatic outfit simply because of the common misconception about it which is that when trying to pull it off, you’ll have to wear the same color in the same shade from head to toe. True, that look is monochromatic but it’s not the only monochromatic outfit style you can use. Wearing the same color in different shades is still considered a monochromatic outfit and doing so creates more depth and dimension to your look. Here are some reasons why you would love a monochromatic outfit.
- It makes planning out your outfit easier – one of the things that take up the most time when we’re getting ready in the morning is putting together an outfit. Deciding which piece matches with what and picking out a color combination to anchor down the rest of the details to can be really tough. When wearing a monochromatic outfit, though, you don’t have to think about that anymore. Your choices get narrowed down since you’ll only be looking at pieces in one color and all you’ll have to think of is just one more color (in accessories) to add contrast to your outfit.
- It’s a timeless style – wearing monochromatic outfits is not subject to trends. You pick a color you want to wear not because it’s what’s currently hot but because it’s what looks best on you. A monochromatic outfit is a timeless style that you can wear. It doesn’t only look good when it’s summer or when it’s spring or fall or winter but all year round and if you’re someone who likes to get practical with clothes and style, the monochromatic outfit is definitely for you.
- Anyone can pull off the look – another great thing about wearing a monochromatic outfit is that anyone and everyone can pull it off. You don’t have to worry about the style or design of your clothes, you can wear anything you want. All you have to keep in mind is to pick a color that works well with your skin tone. It’s much easier to shop and dress according to color instead of shopping according to style because there are less things to keep in mind. If you already know what colors look good on you and what colors make you glow, shop for items in that hue.
- Matching made easy – since you’ll be wearing the same colors for a monochromatic outfit, mixing and matching pieces will be a breeze. Remember that you don’t have to go for the exact same color with every piece. Wearing different shades of one color adds better dept and dimension to your outfit. in case you do decide to wear the exact same hues on all pieces, though, try to mix textures in fabrics to add more detail to your outfit.
- It’s very flattering – a monochromatic outfit is stylish but aside from that, it can do wonders for your whole image too. Monochromatic outfits can make you look slimmer when done right. It also helps create the illusion that you are taller than you really are so it’s perfect even for petite girls.