Spring is the time for fun, carefree and casual outfits that look effortless yet chic. Although one can’t argue that heels are the best way to take the sexiness of any outfit up a notch, spring fashion just calls for more relaxed and laidback looks and we think that flats are and should be, hands down, the footwear of choice of every woman out there for their everyday casual outfits. Here are some awesome street style flats to wear with your casual outfits.
- Metallic cap toe flats – cap toe flats are great because they give your whole outfit a nice two-toned splash of color which is what you’ll want if you have on a rather boring outfit combo. For an edgier street style look, how about wearing a pair of metallic cap toe flats? The metallic sheen from the cap toe is just the right amount of ‘oomph’ to add to any casual street style outfit. One more great thing about this is that you don’t even have to buy them. You can make them yourself with an old pair of flats you barely use anymore and some paint.
- Loafers – for the women who like to spend their weekend afternoons just walking around town, loafers are surely a must have. Loafers are extremely comfy and they’re a great item to wear if you want to get in on one of spring’s trends which is sporting menswear inspired pieces with feminine fashion. Loafers come in plain neutral colors so they can match any outfit but they also come in fun colors and prints if you’re the kind who likes to make a statement with shoes.
- Pointy toe flats – for a sleek, chic and posh outfit, you can wear a pair of pointy toe flats. They look more dressy compared to the regular round toe or open toe flats but they’re just as comfortable. Pointy toe shoes are also great if you’re a petite woman because this shoe style has an elongating effect which makes you look a few inches taller than you really are without the pain and strain you’d usually get from heels. I think I hear those Valentino studded flats calling your name, gorgeous!
- Sneakers – go for easy sneakers like Keds or Vans and wear them with your dainty dresses or with preppy outfits for a nice, off duty look. If you’re the athletic type or if you just want to sport an athletic look for the day, training sneakers will surely make your outfit look and feel more authentic. Plus, a pretty pair is sure to get you motivated to work out even more, won’t it?
- Oxfords – oxford style shoes are the shoes you’ll want to wear if you want to get Taylor Swift’s preppy chic signature style. Aside from the fact that these are like T. Swift’s everyday go-to off duty shoes, what we love even more about them is that you can wear them with practically anything – skinny jeans, leggings, shorts, skirts, dresses – just anything that you can come up with.