Gone are the days when every woman in Hollywood felt the need to show up in gowns and dresses om the red carpet. Today, more and more celebs are opting to wear pants for these events and it’s becoming quite the trend. Here are some of the most stylish celebs who opted for pants on the red carpet and nailed it.
- EMMA STONE – let’s start off with the most recent red carpet event that is the Golden Globes. Emma Stone made quite the statement in her gorgeous ensemble which was a Lanvin jumpsuit that had an oversized bow detail at the back. It was fierce, sleek and just a tad bit sweet and girly, taking her to every Best Dressed list out there.
- LORDE – Lorde surprised a lot of people by showing ip both at the Golden Globes red carpet and the after-party in a crop top and trousers combo. We’re glad she’s stepping out of her comfort zone and trying out new looks because, frankly, she looks really great in this one.
- BELLA THORNE – another recent incident of pants on the red carpet was when Bella Thorne showed up on the People’s Choice Awards red carpet wearing a sleek and sexy Giorgio Armani suit. The gorgeous young star looked magnificent in it and, with minimal accessorizing, really nailed the look.
- ANGELINA JOLIE – from the same woman who wore the iconic black dress with the thigh-high and thigh-revealing slit comes this simple and rather masculine but still chic and stylish look. From the BAFTA last year, Angelina Jolie was seen in a black and white (undone-ish) suit. It was very different from her usual all-out glamorous red carpet looks but it looked really good, too.
- CARA DELEVINGNE – pants on the red carpet is nothing new for Cara Delevingne but we’re particularly enamored by this look she wore to the MET Gala 2014. The ensemble consisted of a black crop top with cut-out details and white high-waisted pants.
- ALLISON WILLIAMS – this look by Allison Williams for the The Television Academy Presents An Evening With Girls red carpet was super chic and cute! Everything from the sheer white top to the drawstring jogger-style pants and nude heels is working in perfect harmony to give her the ultimate easy and laidback red carpet look.
- OLIVIA PALERMO – always delivers, never disappoints – this has been style diva Olivia Palermo’s reputation to us fashion-obsessed minions for as long as we’ve been following her and her outfits and this one from the Tribeca Film Fest in 2014 is definitely one of the most gorgeous ones. OP piled on the prints and really went all out with mixing and matching textures with this look and it paid off greatly.