There are probably lots of things in your closet that you really like wearing most of the time because they either fit you well or they look really good on you (or both) and these could include a countless number of basic pieces like jeans and tees as well as more fashionable and dressier pieces like, perhaps, a little black dress, a nice blaze or coat or a cute pair of shorts. In case you haven’t noticed, there’s one more piece that you can add to your closet (if you don’t already have it) that you can easily mix and match with other items to create different looks and that is the humble pencil skirt.
A pencil skirt is very versatile. It can take you from day to night in a jiffy. You can wear it to the office, you can wear it on the streets, you can wear it for parties; basically, you can wear it anytime, Here are some stylish fashion combinations with a pencil skirt that you can recreate anytime.
- Pencil skirt and a sweater – create a sexy and sophisticated fall or winter outfit by pairing your pencil skirt with a nice sweater. Try to get a sweater that’s made from a different fabric as your pencil skirt so that you can create and achieve interesting textures in your outfit, too, which will make it look more fab. If you have a leather pencil skirt, which is perfect for colder seasons, go for knitted sweaters or chunky and fluffy ones.
- Pencil skirt and a plain shirt – if you want to go for a minimalistic approach when wearing your pencil skirt, you can wear it with something basic like a simple tee in a plain and solid color. Despite the simplicity of the components of your outfits, you can still make it look posh and chic. Just tuck your tee shirt into your pencil skirt and add on a thin belt to emphasize and accentuate the waist and, of course, don’t forget to add a few classic accessories to complete your look.
- Pencil skirt and a graphic tee – if you think that the pencil skirt is only good for the office and for formal and dressy outfits, you’re wrong. You can wear your pencil skirt with a graphic tee to create a fun casual look. Wearing sneakers with this combo just takes the cuteness and chicness to a whole new level. This outfit combination is very youthful, stylish and super comfy.
- Pencil skirt and denim top – looking for a way to dress down your pencil skirt so you can wear it as an everyday ordinary outfit? Well, what better way to do that than pair it with a denim top? Denim, as we all know, is the ultimate casual fabric that you can wear with anything that you think is too dressy to make it more casual.
- Pencil skirt and crop top – most pencil skirts are high waisted and if that’s what you have in your closet, go pair it with a crop top to get a sexy and hip outfit. This outfit combination is perfect if you’re looking for a way to take your gorgeous pencil skirt to the streets.