A suit is not exactly your everyday ordinary thing to wear. Some women like to reserve their suits for work while others don’t feel the need to wear them at all. Suits have a sort of a formal vibe to it. It’s very business-y and it’s definitely something you can turn to if you’re looking for that ‘powerful’ / ‘in command’ look. if you’re curious as to how you can make a suit work for you in an everyday ordinary setting, check out these outfit ideas below on stylish street style ways to wear a suit and see how you can make this office staple work for the streets.
- Black suit – if you’re wearing a suit for the first time and you have no idea about what looks good and what doesn’t, definitely check out a black suit. A black suit is foolproof, especially when worn with just a plain white shirt underneath. You can wear it with just about anything and it’s sure to look good (granted, of course, that you don’t try something extraordinarily wacky). This is also great if you’re looking for a suit that you can dress up and dress down or something that can easily take you from day to night with just very little tweaking in your makeup and accessories.
- Shorts suit – for a really cute and girly street style take on the basic suit, forget about the blazer and pants combo and go for shorts instead. Shorts suits are less formal and more fun. They’re great for street style outfits because they’re so much lighter and they have a more casual vibe. Wearing a shorts suit is a great way to channel a polished street style look.
- Tailored and structured – menswear inspired outfits have been all the rage lately and if you want to get in on the trend, you can definitely get the look by wearing a tailored and structured suit. A tailored and structured suit is perfect for those who are looking to add a boyish charm to their look. It can be a little boxy so try to soften the look up with something girly like sexy heels or a lacey cami underneath. Tailored and structured suits are the kind you can wear in the offices AND outside as well.
- Pastel suit – if you think the conventional suit colors (black, brown, gray) are too “serious” for your street style taste, you can always play around with colors. This spring, pastel colors are one of the hottest trends so why not give pastel suits a try? They’re great if you’re someone who likes fun colors on their outfits all the time or if you’re someone who just can’t let go of the girly look.
- Patterned suit – for a cute and quirky take on the rather formal suit, try wearing it with patterns. Adding patterns to suits, and anything else for that matter, just makes a piece more fun and interesting. If you’re bold enough, you can even wear mismatched patterned separates for a one of a kind street style look.