Trousers are a staple in everyone’s closet, regardless of whether you are a man or a woman. They’re one of those pieces that we just can’t live without simply because they’re useful, comfortable, convenient and practical all at the same time. Even the girliest girl who likes to wear dresses and skirts all the time has, for sure, a few couple of pairs of trousers in her closet for when she needs something quick yet still stylish. If you’re looking in to building a closet that you can use for the years to come, you should definitely add a few pairs of trousers in. Check out these stylish trousers every woman should have.
- The boyfriend jeans – boyfriend jeans are perfect if you’re trying to get an edgy androgynous vibe going with your outfit. You can make your own boyfriend jeans by distressing an old pair of you can also purchase them already ‘ripped and distressed’ for that full street style look. Wear your boyfriend jeans with anything you want – plain tees for a casual street style vibe, a moto jacket for a tough chick kind of look or girly heels or flats to keep your feminine style – but make sure not to wear it with anything else that’s ripped, disheveled or distressed as this can have you looking unkempt and sloppy instead of stylish and edgy.
- Tailored trousers – if you’re looking for a pair of trousers that you can use to pull off a ‘powerful’ kind of look, tailored trousers are one of your best bets. Tailored trousers have a very business –like feel to them so they’re quite commanding. You can wear them with feminine pieces to balance the look or go all out robust and pair it with other structured pieces. It’s the perfect pair of trousers to reach for, too, if you need something that will take you from the boardroom to the bar in a jiffy.
- Cropped pants – cropped pants are a little tricky to pull off. They can either look like mom jeans or super cool model off duty kind of trousers. If you’re aiming for the latter, make sure not to get cropped pants that are too baggy. Wear them with updated pieces so you look tasteful, not tacky and don’t forget to find the perfect pair for you that will flatter your legs and make them look longer instead of ones that will make your legs look short and stubby.
- Skinny jeans – ah, the jeans of the decade. I’m pretty sure these are the kinds of pants that you have most of in your closet right now and there’s really nothing wrong with that since they have been and are still on trend right now. Skinny jeans are great because they look good on almost all body shapes / types/ figures. If you need something casual, easy and flattering, reach for a pair of skinny jeans.
- Wide leg pants – this style of trousers is making such a huge comeback in the fashion industry lately, thanks to the popularization of palazzo pants. Wide leg pants are the perfect pair of pants to wear if you want something dressy and elegant to wear to the office or if you don’t feel like wearing a dress or a gown to a fancy party.