The skater skirt has been one of the biggest trends for fall which transitioned well into winter and is now well making its way into spring. We wouldn’t be surprised if this piece would become as huge a hit for summer as well. it’s just something you can wear all year long! What makes the skater skirt so well-loved is the fact that it’s versatile, trendy, easy to style and universally flattering – a huge YES to the checklist of virtually every woman out there when it comes to choosing the right kind of skirt to wear. Here are some of our favorite ways to wear this darling skater skirt.
- Perfectly preppy chic – a skater skirt is the perfect choice if you want to pull off a preppy kind of look. Just take it from Taylor Swift who rocks the look all the time. Choose a skater skirt in a plain solid color and pair it up with a button up shirt or a light sweater then finish off with some off duty sneakers of cute flats. This look is the perfect, easy go-to school outfit you can wear anytime.
- Street style – the spring’s warm temps will want you to look for ways to be stylish while being comfortable at the same time and the skater skirt is ideal for this very situation. Wear your favorite skater skirt with a loose fitting crop top to get a look that’s truly fir for the street. You can wear this look anytime you feel like you just want something easy and relaxed to wear on a hot day out.
- Business casual – if you’re the kind who likes to look fashionable yet still totally professional at the workplace, believe me when I say the skater skirt will be your new best friend. Most skater skirt styles come in considerable lengths which makes them perfectly office friendly. Just team up your skater skirt with a cute button down or a simple shirt with a blazer on top and you’re sure to be the most stylish employee every single time. Wearing a skater skirt is also a nice way to create an outfit that can take you from day to night in the blink of an eye.
- High street casual – want a way to pull off a casual outfit that looks like it came straight out of the display of a high street fashion store? The key to successfully getting this look is not actually to stick to high street fashion brands but rather to mix and match pieces to create a look that’s fresh, trendy and hip. Magazines and fashion blogs are often a great source of inspiration for high street fashion looks so scour those sources and you’ll definitely get the most amazing ideas for a high street fashion look wearing a skater skirt.
- Color burst outfit – not feeling too cheery today? They say your outfit affects your mood so why not brighten up a damp mood by going all out and rocking a chockfull of colors in your outfit? Skater skirts come in all colors and shades so this look is really easy to achieve. Depending on what color your skater skirt is, you can do the color blocking trend, you can match pastels, neons and other bright colors that are sure to create a happy look. Don’t get shy with your prints and patterns, too. They’re a great alternative to a solid bold piece if you don’t want your outfit looking too loud.