Winter calls for darker outfits compared to all the other seasons. However, this does not mean you have to always wear an all black ensemble. Technically, there is no color restriction when it comes to your winter wardrobe but during this season we tend to gravitate towards darker hues. You’ll notice that stores, too, almost always have dark colored clothes on display. Here are some stylish winter color combinations that you can wear any day to add a pop of color and a more exciting look to any of your winter outfits:
- Black and brown – black and brown is a great alternative to wearing just black from head to toe. It has more color variety and it’s definitely very easy to pull off. Both colors are neutral which means that accessorizing should be a breeze as well. A lot of women like the sophisticated look of the black and brown color combination. It’s one of the easiest color combos out there that you can wear any time, any day.
- Gray and black – this color combination is another nice alternative to an all black ensemble. Gray is a much lighter color that black so it’s perfect if you don’t feel like dressing up in real dark and heavy colors. Like black and brown, this color combination also has a very sophisticated vibe. Gray is a good color for breaking up an all black ensemble. This means that you can wear a black top and black bottoms and it will not look too monochromatic once you add a gray piece to it like a scarf or a vest.
- Blue and beige – for a much lighter and more fun winter color combination, blue and beige is definitely a must-try! It’s a very refreshing break from all the dark colors and hues you see during winter. Beige is a very neutral color which means that it can go well with any other color but blue seems to especially make it pop. This is perfect for the earlier winter days.
- Black and yellow – now, this winter color combination is a little bit harder to pull off. With black and yellow, there is a tendency to resemble a bumble bee and that’s something you, or anyone else, would like. To avoid this fashion faux pas, try to stay away from stripes. Other prints and patterns are fine though it would be best to stick with plain solid colors.
- Maroon and black – maroon and black is a very classy color combination. Both are dark in color but they work very well together. This is one of those color combinations you can wear when you want to add color to your outfit but you want something that’s not too bright nor too bold.