Today’s brides are getting bolder and more adventurous when it comes to a lot of things for their weddings so it shouldn’t come as a surprise to anyone at all that a lot of the traditional things aren’t being used anymore and are being replaced with newer and fresher trends. One of the first traditional things to go are wedding dresses. Gone are the days when wedding dresses are white and big. Today, they can be anything and everything you could think of. Check out these stylish unconventional wedding dresses from modern day brides.
- POPPY DELEVINGNE – Poppy Delevingne married James cook in a lovely London wedding wearing a custom Chanel ensemble which was a mini dress with a floor – length sheer skirt underlay. The gorgeous dress featured dainty floral appliqués and delicate beads on the bodice. It also had a slim silhouette which flattered Poppy’s enviable frame.
- KEIRA KNIGHTLEY – one of the most memorable unconventional wedding dresses is that of Keira Knightley’s. Keira is known to for wearing her wedding dress multiple times in different occasions other than her wedding. In one incident, reports even say she has ruined the dress by spilling red wine all over it. It was a gorgeous pale pink tea-length dress with a tulle skirt and a simple tube type bodice. It also features sheer sleeve overlay with lace detailing.
- GWEN STEFANI – for all the pink-loving brides-to-be out there, check out Gwen Stefani’s wedding dress. Who says your gown has to be one solid color alone? Gwen upped the ante on her wedding day with her dip dyed pink Galliano silk wedding dress. Great way to add a pop of color to your bridal look, don’t you think?
- KALEY CUOCO – and of that ombre pop of pink on Gwen Stefani’s dress isn’t enough for you, maybe you could get inspired to go all out and wear a full on pink dress like The Big Bang Theory star Kaley Cuoco did on her wedding with Ryan Sweeting. Kaley’s dress was by Vera Wang. It was dreamy, girly and super cool.
- OLIVIA PALERMO – joining the list of today’s modern brides, style star Olivia Palermo wore a three-piece Carolina Herrera ensemble to her New York wedding with model Johannes Huebl. The ensemble included a cashmere sweater, a tulle skirt and, yes, the biggest surprise that is a pair of white shorts. Olivia completed her bridal look with a relaxed ponytail and her favorite blue Manolo Blahnik courts (the same ones Carrie Bradshaw wore to her civil wedding in Sex and the City). Could it get any chicer than that?