When it comes to creating and building your wardrobe, what matters is not how much you have in there but what you have. You may own a lot of jackets, blazers, cardigans and whatnot but, believe it or not, you only need 10 different kinds of tops to complete your wardrobe. Sure, you can go with more but if you’re on a budget, it’s good to know that you don’t have to spend a ton of money to get a closet full of items that will make you look fab. Check out these 10 tops every woman should own.
- A plain white tee – a plain white tee is a must have for every woman’s closet. There are endless ways to wear and style a plain white tee. It’s one of those tops you can wear multiple times and create a different look each time. You can wear it on its own or you can use it as a layering piece.
- A peplum top – peplum tops are universally flattering which is why you should have at least one of this in your closet. It’s very ladylike and it has that cute and flirty vibe we all love. Wear it to dress up your boyfriend jeans or to complete a posh outfit – either way, it’s going to look great.
- A silk blouse – if you’re on a budget, you can put this at the end of your ‘to buy for wardrobe’ list since one made with really good quality can be a little pricey. It’s well worth it, though, as a silk blouse can be worn all year long with just about anything from shorts to pants to skirts and leggings.
- A lace top – it doesn’t matter what style it is or what color it comes in, what matters is that you have a lace top that you can wear on days when you want to look and feel extra classy and feminine. It’s also great if you just want something girly but not too frilly like ruffles or feathers.
- A striped shirt – yes, every woman needs one and no, it doesn’t make you look fat as long as you know what kind of stripes to go for. Wearing striped shirts with jeans give you that classic casual look. It works all year round and it’s very versatile, too.
- A chambray shirt – it’s more than just a passing fad now. Chambray shirts are here to stay so make sure you have a couple or more in your closet that you can use on days when you don’t have much time to think about what to wear. Chambray shirts are effortlessly chic so they’re the perfect go-to top whwn you’re pressed for time.
- A tank top – tank tops are more than just workout tops. You can use them as a layering piece as well when you need an outfit that’s not too warm nor too cold. Just slip it on and throw on a jacket, a blazer or a cardigan on top and you’re good to go.
- A crisp, white button down – another versatile top to add to your closet is a crisp white button down shirt. You can wear it on its own with denim shorts for a chic and summery outfit or you can wear it underneath a black blazer for the classic office look. There are just so many looks you can create with a white button down so make sure you have this in your closet.