Miniskirts and dresses have had their hay day and while we’re still loving the maxi trend, we just can’t pass up the chance to wear a good midi length skirt or dress every time we have one. Midi length is very safe and also universally flattering. There’s very little room for looking off with it but plenty of room for look fab. If you have legs that always seem to long for miniskirts but too short for maxi skirts, you might want to give the midi a try. Here are different ways to embrace the midi length, be it in skirts or dresses.
- Pencil cut midi skirt – if you’re looking for a midi-length piece that you can wear to the office and beyond, getting a pencil cut midi is definitely the way to go. The sleek chic-ness of a pencil cut skirt always makes it a great addition to any office wardrobe and the midi length totally takes your office outfit game up a notch. Wear it with a button up tucked in for a more corporate look or with a sexy crop top and a blazer if you’re looking to pull off more of a polished street style look.
- Printed midi skirt – one fun way to wear a midi skirt is to wear it printed. Having a nice pattern on your midi can help flatter your silhouette even more. Depending on whether you want to emphasize or downplay some features on your lower half, make sure you get the right print size for your midi. The general rule to remember is that bigger prints downplay the size of things while smaller prints do the exact opposite.
- Bodycon midi dress – need a rather dressy outfit for a fancy party? Instead of the conventional long evening gown, opt for a bodycon midi dress instead. It’s much more up to date, more flattering and a whole lot sexier, too. It’s the perfect way to mix sophistication with a bit more of a cool chick vibe.
- Midi fit and flare – whether it’s a skirt or a dress, a midi-length fit and flare is sure to make any busty girl look great. Fit and flare style midi dresses or skirts are also the perfect piece to reach for if you’re curvy and are looking for a chic way to flaunt your shapely curves.
- Midi skirt with a slit – midi-length skirts tend to make you look and feel more covered up than usual and if you’re the type who loves to show some skin, getting a midi with a sexy high slit is the best way to go. Pair it up with something more conservative up top for a nice daytime look or with something more sexy and intimate for a nighttime outfit.