For those of you who are asking and those of you who haven’t heard of it yet, Coachella is a music and arts festival held every year at the Empire Polo Club in Indio California, in the inland’s Coachella Valley, thus the name. It is a two-weekend, three-day music event where you can see the most fashionable crowd. In fact, aside from the music and the arts you see at the festival, the crowd fashion is another thing to look forward to. If you’re going to your very first Coachella this year, here are some tips on what to wear to Coachella.
- Tank tops – tank tops are a MUST for Coachella festivals. This music and arts festival happens in an area where you can expect temps to be anywhere in the hot 100’s (degrees) so you’ll want something really cool and light. What’s great about this, though, is that since tank tops are pretty simple, you get to accessorize freely, it’s like a blank canvass waiting to be painted on.
- Band tees – you’ll often find a line up of the different musicians and bands who will be performing at the festival on specific dates and times so there’s a good chance that you’ll be seeing your favourite and what better way to show support than to wear band tees? Need a way to get a bit more feminine touch into your band tee outfit? How about DIYing your band tee into a crop top? There’s an idea I bet you’d love!
- Crop tops – speaking of cropping stuff, another thing you can wear at the Coachella festival are super cute crop tops. This is a great alternative to plain tank tops if you want more flare and style to your outfit. It’s also a more sexy, girly and cooler alternative to tank tops plus they’re super easy to wear and they can basically take you from day to night flawlessly and effortlessly. Don’t be afraid of showing too much skin, this is the kind of festival where it’s actually quite acceptable to dress with less because the weather and the crowd will surely have you sweating it out.
- Cardigan – don’t forget to pack a light cardigan or two for your Coachella trip. Though it may be super hot at daytime, the nights are actually quite chilly so it’s important that you have something to wrap yourself around in and keep you warm when the sun comes down. You’ll think this is crazy but those super light and sheer cardigan-style beach cover ups are actually ‘the thing’ at Coachella festivals.
- Shorts – you’ll hardly ever see people wearing pants in Coachella festivals. Because it’s so hot, shorts are what’s popular in these kinds of events. This is the time for you to bust out all those denim shorts you’ve DIYed and sport them with, well, pretty much anything and everything.
- Maxi skirts and dresses– Boho chic seems to be one of the popular outfit styles at Coachella and that’s why maxi skirts are very ideal. Plus, they’re light and cool as well and they don’t restrict movement so you get to move and walk around as much as you want without getting too hot and uncomfortable. Maxi dresses are a great option, too!