Chambray has been pretty popular lately and we clearly see why. Aside from the fact that it’s perfectly versatile to go with any of the pieces in your wardrobe, it looks just like denim, too, and we all love a good denim shirt every time but the chambray is just so much softer and lighter, making it wearable all year round. Chambray shirts are now considered a staple in every woman’s closet. It’s one of the few pieces that you can dress up and dress down, depending on what you wear with it, and it’s great as a layering piece as well during the colder months. If you’ve been thinking about buying a chambray shirt lately but have no idea what to wear with it, check out our ideas below on what to wear with a chambray shirt.
- Pencil skirt – for the ultimate business casual look, the combination of a chambray shirt, pencil skirt and a pair of traditional pumps or heels is the way to go. This look is perfect for lunch meetings and for meeting business clients outside of the workplace but you can definitely wear it on casual lazy days as well if you want a look that’s laidback, easy yet polished.
- Tulle skirt – been looking for an excuse to wear that tulle skirt that makes you feel like a ballerina every time you put it on? Well, look no more because all you need is a chambray shirt to make that tulle skirt look totally casual and laidback. Use your chambray shirt to dress down fancy pieces like a tulle skirt and give them a more street style look and feel.
- White shorts / pants – a chambray shirt paired with white shorts or white pants is just so crisp and summery. It reminds me of late afternoons walking by the shore or of mornings at the marina, just feeling the warm summer temp and the cool gusty marina breeze. This look is totally chic and it’s one of my favorite go to summer looks.
- Denim – for a lighter and spring / summer appropriate take on the denim on denim trend, you can replace the denim jacket on top with a lighter chambray shirt. It’s much more comfortable but it doesn’t compromise on the look you need to get for the denim on denim trend. You can opt for colored denim instead of regular ones if you want to give your outfit a nice pop of color.
- Leather – if you think the chambray shirt is too plain and boring for you, try adding a little bit of a punk / rock and roll kind of edge to it by wearing it with leather, On colder days, you can throw on a leather jacket on top or wear leather pants with it. if you want to sport this combo on warmer days, you can do a chambray shirt and leather boots kind of combo instead.
- Vests – another way to keep you warm on colder days while wearing a chambray shirt is to layer it with a nice vest on top. Faux fur vests are great if you’re going for a posh look while leather vests are awesome for a more rock and roll kind of outfit. If you want something that will really keep you warm and cozy, try a puffer vest instead.