If there’s one thing that should never leave a girl’s closet, it’s a good denim shirt. A denim shirt is so versatile, you can style in a thousand and one ways and you can wear it all year round. You can create and achieve a number of looks just by mixing and matching your denim shirt with pieces that are already in your wardrobe because they go well with just about anything. You can pull off a street style look, a casual one, rock, punk, chic, sleek, edgy, Boho – you name it, you can do it with a denim shirt. It’s practically an all around shirt that you can wear any way you want to. If you have a denim shirt sitting around and you have no idea on how to style it, check out our list on what to wear with a denim shirt below and pick a style that suits your taste.
- White shorts – for a nice, summery / beach-y look, you can wear your denim shirt with a pair of white shorts. They can be any fabric / material as long as they’re white. This outfit combo is ideal if you just want something that looks light, fresh and easy. You can wear this to the beach if you don’t want to get in the water and just want to lounge around. It’s very simple and chic and is perfect for the hot summer days to come. Because this outfit is simple, you might want to go a little bit bigger and bolder with your accessories or at least add a pop of color somewhere in your outfit.
- Pencil skirt – some workplaces don’t allow their employees to wear denim jeans but that’s totally fine. You can wear denim and still make it look office-appropriate and not too casual. Instead of wearing denim jeans, you can wear a denim shirt instead. Tuck it under a high waisted pencil skirt, finish off with a pair of sexy heels and you’re good to go. It’s easy and chic enough for you to get comfy in but still polished and sleek enough to be worn at the workplace.
- Colored jeans – getting sick of the old denim on denim look? Well, here’s a refreshing take on that trend. Instead of wearing regular denim jeans, wear colored jeans with your denim shirt. It’s more fun and colorful which is perfect for spring and summer and it’s much cuter than the regular denim on denim look, too!
- Maxi skirt – this has got to be one of my favorite ways to wear a denim shirt. I just love how a nice, girly piece such as a maxi skirt can make something casual like a denim shirt seem so dressy and chic. This outfit combo is perfect and can be worn all year round. I like to go for lighter maxi skirts during warmer days and then switch to heavier, warmer ones when the colder months start to kick in.
- Sequins – lastly, for those who like to stay fabulous all the time, wear your denim shirt with any sequined piece and you’re sure to have a fabulous street style outfit that you can walk around town in. Don’t hesitate to wear your most blinged out piece, the denim shirt is sure to dress it down anyway so it still looks easy and casual.