Step aside, June brides. Wedding brides are here to steal the limelight from you. Winter used to be the least favorite season for weddings by brides because it’s too difficult to wear a nice dress without freezing, especially when you plan to have an outdoor ceremony. Today, however, winter weddings are becoming extremely popular and designers like Monique Lhuiller and Oscar de la Renta are making it possible for brides to be stylish and warm at the same time. Here are some winter wedding dresses that you can take inspiration from if you’re planning of having a winter wedding of your own:
- Winter White Wedding Hood – Whoever designed this dress is just plain genius. It’s a very gorgeous wedding gown that has a white fur cloak to match! I personally think it’s very reminiscent of Little Red Riding Hood except that it’s white. This winter wedding dress is sure to keep the bride warm and toasty all throughout the wedding ceremony, even if it’s held outdoors.
- Shrugging the cold weather off – another great idea for winter wedding dresses is to have one done with a matching shrug. The shrug adds impeccable elegance to the dress. it can be made from any fabric of your choice but of course, because it’s winter, fur would be a very nice choice. A shrug is perfect if you’re having the ceremony outdoors and the celebration indoors because you can simply take it off once you’re inside. fur would also look even more luxurious if you’ve got some sparkly details on your dress like stones and sequins.
- Fairytale ball gown – winter weddings are perfect for any bride who wants to channel a Princess character because the cold weather is perfect for wearing a ball gown. It may be heavy but all those layers inside are sure to keep you warm. You can also wear gloves, just like Princesses do when they wear ball gowns, for a much more elegant look and for more warmth as well. You can have a ball gown made with sleeves on it or you can also skip the sleeves and go for a shrug, bolero or cape instead.
- Subtly sexy – who says a bride can’t be sexy when she’s all wrapped up? This next dress shows us that you can wear a very simple and conservative dress and still look sexy by just adding a few simple details. The coat is also a great idea for when the weather gets really cold.
- Lace sleeves – it helps to have sleeves on your dress if you’re having a winter wedding but if you’re having an indoor winter wedding and the thermostat is going to be controlled anyway, you don’t have to have sleeves that will really warm you up. Instead, you can keep the winter look by adding lace sleeves.