I am a peanut butter addict. It’s only happened recently but since I discovered how wonderful it is I can get enough especially with chocolate! My dad loves it too and this Sunday I promised him that I’d make him some peanut butter and chocolate cookies. These are so tasty, they’re chewy, gooey and absolutely scrumptious! I got this recipe via foodgawker and off the fabulous Like Mother Like Daughter blog and just added chocolate chunks!
Ingredients – Makes a lot!
225g Butter, softened
260g Peanut Butter
225g White Sugar
200g Soft Brown Sugar
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
300g Plain Flour
1 Teaspoon Salt
1 1/2 Teaspoons Bicarb
1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
200g Dark Chocolate, chopped into small chunks
Method – Takes 25 minutes
1. Preheat oven to 175c. Cream together, peanut butter, and sugars.
2. Add in each egg at a time, mixing in between. Stir in the vanilla extract.
3. In a separate bowl combine the flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder.
4. Slowly mix in the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients while stirring. Stir in the chocolate chunks.
5. Scoop tablespoon sized balls of cookie dough onto a cookie sheet and roll into balls.
6. Slightly flatten the balls with a fork, making a criss cross pattern. Bake in oven for 9 – 11 minutes.
7. Remove from oven and allow to sit on cookie sheet for about 5 minutes before removing to a wire cooling rack.