Warmer days are finally here and what better way to celebrate the arrival of spring and the coming of summer than a good road trip with family and / or friends. Whether you’re going on a quick joyride with your best girl friends, a family escapade or a romantic getaway with your man, going on a road trip requires extra effort to stay looking gorgeous. The sun, the wind, the stress and tiredness and everything else that comes with a good road trip will eventually take a toll on your look sometime throughout the day. If you’re planning on going on a road trip for spring or summer, check out these beauty essentials you should have in your purse so you can keep looking beautiful throughout the trip.
- Sunscreen – just because you’ll be inside the car doesn’t mean the harmful rays of the sun can’t get you anymore. Make sure to put on sunscreen before you hop on the car and go on the trip. if it’s going to be a long trip, you might want to take your sunscreen with you so you can reapply as needed. Opt for a broad spectrum sunscreen that offers at least SPF 30 so you can get full range of protection. Aside from using and bringing sunscreen, it would also be wise to use and bring along other products that contain SPF for added protection.
- Detangling spray – detangling sprays are a must for road trips on hot and humid days, especially if you’re planning on rolling the windows down and enjoying the spring / summer breeze. Humidity can make your hair look really poofy and feel super sticky and tangled so having a detangling spray on hand is really convenient. Just spray it on and comb out your hair to regain its softness and silkiness.
- Lip balm – the wind whipping your face may feel good now but you’ll start to feel them chafing and peeling later. Wind burnt lips are never pleasant. Make sure you protect yourself from this by bringing your favorite lip balm along and applying it throughout the trip to keep your lips hydrated and moisturized.
- Lotion – travel size lotions don’t take up a lot of space in your purse so why not bring one along on your road trip? You can use this to moisturize your hands and your legs when they start to get dry on your way to your destination. Afraid of lotion squirting all over the insides of your purse and leaving a mess? Try body butters or solid lotion bards. They’re less messy and very compact, too.
- A Z-palette filled with your basic makeup – Z-palettes are awesome. If you haven’t already heard of or seem them, go Google them now. All you have to do is depot your favorite (potted) products like eye shadow, blush, concealer, highlighter, powder and lipstick and you can conveniently bring everything around in one sleek case! If you’re someone who is hesitant about not having at least a bit of makeup on while on the go, definitely look into getting yourself a Z-palette.
- Blotting paper – a long road trip can trigger oiliness on your skin. Be shine-free and fresh by blotting away excess oil with a sheet of blotting paper as soon as you feel the oiliness coming on. Follow up with a light dab of loose powder so absorb the remaining oil and you’re sure to look super fresh throughout the trip.