Having puffy eyes in the morning is one of the most common problems that all of us get every now and then. it could be the result of crying from the night before, having insufficient sleep or perhaps even the wrong sleeping position. Regardless of what may have caused your puffy eyes, it’s still one more thing to worry about in the morning. Concealing puffy eyes can be tricky which is why the best way to deal with it is to try to get rid of it instead before you put your makeup on. Here are beauty treats for puffy eyes that you can do at home to either get rid of them or prevent them.
- Sleep with your head elevated – the best way to avoid puffy eyes is to prevent them. You can do this by elevating your head on a pillow when you sleep at night. Depending on how fluffy your pillows are, you may need more than one. When you lay flat in bed at night on your back and keep the position all night long, the veins around your eyes dilate making them puffy in the morning. This is especially true if you’re dealing with sinusitis.
- Caffeinate your eyes – if you wake up in the morning with very little time to look your best and discover that you have to deal with puffy eyes, resting a teabag on each eye can help reduce the puffiness. You can use either black or green tea, whatever you have on hand. Just steep the teabags in hot water for 2 to 3 minutes and let it cool a bit until it reaches a temp that your skin would be comfortable with. Once it has cooled down a bit, place it over each eye and cover with a soft cloth.
- Hydrate yourself – literally have NO TIME for any eye treatments? Well, don’t let lack of time leave you looking like you haven’t slept in ages. Get yourself a tall glass of water and drink up! Puffiness is caused by fluid retention around the eyes and drinking water is one of the best ways to flush the fluids and reduce puffiness. Take a bottle of water with you and continue to hydrate yourself while you’re on the go.
- Cover with cold spoons – another trick that you can do to reduce the puffiness of your eyes is to take 2 metal spoons, place them in the freezer for 15 minutes and then take them out and place them over your eyes. These spoons will act as a cold compress and will help disperse the fluid buildup causing the swelling around your eyes.
- Turn to makeup – concealing your puffy eyes can be effective if you’re running out of time to get yourself together in the morning but you can also try to find creams or serums that are made especially to reduce puffy eyes. One of the most effective beauty products out there that can treat puffy eyes is the Garnier Anti Puff Eye Roller.