How to make your hair wavy – effortlessly!
Wavy hair is a great hair style to wear out on a date, or on a gimmick with your girlfriends. Heck, you can even wear it to school or to work because achieving this hair style is now made ridiculously easy. Gone are the days you need to go to the salon to get wavy, surf-style hair.
Here are the easy steps on how to make your straight hair into wavy locks effortlessly.
1. Lather your locks with your favorite shampoo. Wring out the excess water so that it’s not dripping wet.
2. Divide your locks into several sections, and twist each one by one using your fingers. Secure each twist with the use of a bobby pin.
3. Keep the twists in place for half an hour, or as you dry your hair out naturally.
4. Remove the bobby pins and let your hair cascade on your shoulders. Don’t comb your hair, else it will get straight once again – and you will have to redo steps 1-4 once more!
5. Add “life” to the roots by scrunching the lower part of your hair. Tousle and throw your hair out to achieve beautiful curly waves.
6. If you want the perfect, wavy look, whip out your curling iron and work on the wavy ends until you achieve your desired style.
If you have curly hair, luck you! But if you want more volume and pizzazz on your wavy frocks, then here is how to do it.
1. Wash your tresses well. For best results, try out Aveda Rosemary Mint Shampoo or Bumble and Bumble Gentle Shampoo – they are considered the best hair lathers for wavy tresses.
2. Apply your volumizer of choice on your hair roots. If it’s your first time to use one, try Kerastase Resistance Volumactive Mousse or the Phyto Phytovolume Actif Volumizing Spray to achieve the best bounce and body for your wavy hair.
3. Whip out your blow dryer and dry your hair slightly until damp. Remember to scrunch the roots of your hair while you dry it to achieve the perfect wavy look.
4. Once you have dried your wavy tresses completely, frame the picture-perfect look by applying a minimal-hold hairspray. Avoid strong-hold hairsprays because you’ll end up with stiff and unsightly waves!
Achieving wavy hair which makes your over-all appearance chic and runway-worthy is now possible without the help of a professional stylist. Just follow these tips and you can have fab, wavy locks in no time!
Extra tip on how to make your hair wavy overnight:
Wash your hair , then divide on sections(2,4 or 6). Braid it and fix the ends.
You can even go sleep with braids or remove them in a few hours and finger comb the curls!