We’ve all heard it countless times before: dressing for your body type is the key to looking your best every day. Now, that may sound easy to do but it can actually be quite confusing, especially with so many fads coming and going. The hourglass figure is considered to be one of the sexiest among all body shapes / figures. Lucky for the ladies who have this figure, it’s one of the easiest to dress as well. There are quite a few things to remember, though. Here are some tips on how to dress an hourglass figure.
- Emphasize your curves – your main goal for dressing up an hourglass figure is to emphasize your curves because your curves are your assets. It’s one of the things that other body figures envy from an hourglass figure. To make this happen, you’ll have to go with clothes that work and move with your natural curves instead of those that work against them. Avoid shapeless pieces as well as boxy ones at all costs as these will just conceal your best feature: your curves.
- Go for high waisted pants – high waisted pants are the best type of pants you can wear to really put your curves out there. When choosing a pair of high waisted pants, choose one that hits the natural waistline. This is a trick that you can use to draw eyes to a thin middle. Tucking your top in while wearing high waisted pants also works wonders for an hourglass figure.
- Wear a pencil skirt – the great thing about pencil skirts is that they flatter most body types / body figures but they really look fantastic on hourglass figures especially. Most pencil skirts hug your figure and reveal your curves and that is what you want if you have an hourglass body shape.
- Get yourself a wrap dress – a wrap dress is a dress that looks a little like a robe with a front closure formed by wrapping one side across the other. Just like the pencil skirt, it flatters most body figures, too but is especially forgiving to the hourglass figure, thanks to the diagonal movement that the draping creates.
- Use a belt when wearing something rather loose or oversized – loose and oversized clothing can sometimes look cute, especially those adorable baby doll tops and those gorgeous tunics as well as those really chic cardigans. However, that doesn’t discount the fact that they still hide your sexy curves. If you plan on wearing loose and oversized tops, cinch them at the waist and wear a belt. This way, you can have the best of both worlds.
- Finish off an outfit with the right accessories – accessorizing is the last step to creating a fabulous outfit, not just for an hourglass figure but for any other figures as well. For hourglass figures, some of the accessories that can help accentuate your waist and show off your curves include belts and streamlines handbags.
Experiment with various pieces and see which ones work best for your figure.