Slouchy sweaters are indeed a must have during the colder seasons like fall and winter. They’re very warm and cozy and they give you a lot of space to move in so they’re also very comfortable to wear. In fact, you can even wear them all day long. Despite the fit being loose, slouchy sweaters still exude a sexy vibe. They may not be the best choice for a formal dinner out but they sure make a wonderful piece for any day to day outfit. Here are some of our tips on how to wear a slouchy sweater:
- Wear it oversized – most slouchy sweaters come 2 sizes (or more) bigger to have the right ‘slouchy’ look. if you’re looking for one that you can wear on a really lazy day when you really have no plans of dressing to the nines, you can go for an oversized sweater. If it’s big enough, you can even wear it with a dress. it’s the perfect outfit for lounging around during the cold seasons. You can also wear it outside but if you find that the weather is too cold, feel free to wear tights underneath as well as boots to keep your feet and legs warm.
- Wear it with jeans – slouchy sweaters are great for achieving a very relaxed and laidback look, especially when worn with jeans. This combination is something anyone would wear in a heartbeat because it’s so easy to pull off and it’s super cute, too! Skinny jeans are perfect for this look because it balances out the bulky silhouette you get from the slouchy sweater on top. If you want to go street style casual, simply switch it up to distressed or rip jeans and you’re good to go.
- Wear it with leggings – if you’re looking for something to wear with your slouchy sweater that’s as casual looking as jeans but you want something more polished and a tad but dressier, you can wear it with leggings. You wouldn’t need to worry about others shooting you odd looks for using leggings as pants because most slouchy sweaters are long enough to cover what has to be covered. Of course, you’ll have to make sure that the leggings you wear your slouchy sweater with is the thick kind. Otherwise, your legs might go freezing in the cold.
- Wear it as a layering piece – one great thing about slouchy sweaters is that you can wear them on their own and you can also use it as a layering piece and either way, it would still look sleek and stylish. If the temperature starts to drop dramatically and you want something that will definitely keep you warm, doing the layering technique can help heaps. Finish off with a slouchy sweater on top for a chic and effortlessly gorgeous look.
- Wear it with a maxi skirt – who says you can’t look frilly and feminine in the winter? If you’re looking for a way to pull off a romantic look during the cold seasons, all you have to do is wear your slouchy sweater with a pretty maxi dress and you’re all set. You can also wear it on top of a maxi dress if you haven’t already stashed those away from summer and spring.